Friday, July 18, 2014

Lord I Lift Your Name on High

Trivia! This awesome worship song is written and composed by Rick Founds! For the longest time, I used to think it was by Hill Song or the Maranatha Singers! This worship song is probably one of the most popular praise and worship numbers, that I'm sure must be a favorite of most of you.

I was scouting for an appropriate version to post here and was in a dilemma as to which version I should choose. There's a loud and jumpy rock version by Petra, that I'm sure would go very well with the audience at a gospel rock concert! Then there's the prayerful, musically-rich version by the Maranatha Singers. My personal favorite would  however be the instrumental, karaoke, sing-along, pray-along-with version.

My vision is that this blog should cater to a wide genre of people, young and old, soft-music-lovers and rock-music lovers alike! So there you go, all the three versions to aid you in lifting the Lord's name way up high!

Lyrics :
Lord I Lift Your Name on High

 Lord, I lift Your name on high
Lord, I love to sing Your praises
I'm so glad You're in my life
I'm so glad You came to save us

Ch : You came from heaven to earth
To show the way
From the earth to the cross
My debt to pay
From the cross to the grave
From the grave to the sky
Lord, I lift Your name on high

Give it a listen here :

The first is the prayerful version which can be sung at a mass as a recessional hymn. The next is the gospel-rock version , followed by the Karaoke version to sing along with and pray with. Listen to all of them and choose your pick!

1) Slow version, apt for a church service




2) Gospel-rock version




3) Karaoke version :
You could sing along, singing aloud making it your prayer to the Lord




2 comments:

Drop in a comment!